Initially, 12 POPs have been recognized by the Stockholm Convention as causing adverse effects on humans and the ecosystem and these can be placed in 3 categories:
- Pesticides: aldrin, chlordane, DDT, dieldrin, endrin, heptachlor, hexachlorobenzene, mirex, toxaphene;
- Industrial chemicals: hexachlorobenzene, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs);
- By-products: hexachlorobenzene; polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDD/PCDF), and PCBs.
Then 16 newly chemicals added to the Stockholm Convention including Dicofol, Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), its salts and PFOA-related compounds, Perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS), its salts and perfluorooctane sulfonyl fluoride (PFOS-F), DecaBDE, SCCP, HCBD.
Affinisep provides a wides range of solution for analysis of POPs such as:
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Perfluorinated compounds (PFCs)
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)